Monday, March 23, 2009

Off to the fair

I popped along to an antiques fair this weekend at The Royal Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet.

I went with my parents, and a couple of their friends to trawl around, what seemed to me, to be just a load of old junk! Bits of wood claiming to be an 18th century table, what looked more like a fantastic meal for wood worm!
Taking advantage of the beautiful weather, we toured the outside marquee stalls first, grabbed a tea and bit of choccie cake, and started the walk-a-bout indoors. Again, more junk, and overpriced brightly coloured vulgar crockery!

So... time went on, still checking out all the over priced bits and bobs, until finally, an vintage jewellery stall that wasn't over priced, with many many baskets and old biscuit tins of tangled up jewellery, which was either broken, or pendants without a home.
I was rummaging for ages and ages until I came across a gorgeous heart shaped pendant. It was grubby, but nothing a bit of silver cleaning cloth couldn't fix! I knew exactly what I was going to do with it, so here is a pic!



and a close up

Available at my MISI , ETSY and my website

I also bought a couple of other pieces, but I have not got as far as cleaning them up yet. But I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's so pretty!